Thank you for your continued support of the Ignatius Pew Missal project!
We are now in our third year of publishing the Ignatius Pew Missal and we hope that the various improvements we’ve made since our first year have benefitted your parish. In this year’s Pew Missal, you will notice several additions:
1) The addition of several new hymns and songs, including Christ is the World’s Light (CHRISTE SANCTORUM) and Lucien Deiss’ The Spirit of God,
2) The addition of the Latin Mass section for parishes that offer the Ordinary Form of the Mass in Latin,
3) The addition of several descants to the Ordinaries & Hymns book,
4) The addition of chords to most hymns and songs in the the Ordinaries & Hymns book, and finally,
5) The entire lectionary years A, B, and C are now included in one single Propers book.
We have also made some changes to the structure of the accompaniment books:
1) As mentioned earlier, the Propers book now contains all three years of the lectionary cycle.
2) Perhaps most obvious is the new 3-ring binder format to the books. This is to allow for additions and corrections without wasting great quantities of paper. We still, however, offer the spiral-bound or perfect format, for those who request it.
3) In the Ordinaries & Hymns book, you will notice that the hymn numbers no longer correspond with those in the Congregational Edition. This is because we expect that more hymns will inevitably be added (based on your feedback), and we sought to create a cataloging system that would easily facilitate this. As always, hymns will be in alphabetical order.
4) The Alternative Responsorial Psalms and Votive Mass to Our Lady sections are now available in the Download section of our website at no charge for those parishes who wish to have them. If you wish to purchase a book with these sections, please contact us.
We are always seeking ways to improve the Ignatius Pew Missal in order to make it of greater spiritual benefit. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As always, we thank you for your continued use of the Ignatius Pew Missal. We pray that by using these books, it may lead your parish to a more profound encounter with the Almighty in the Most Holy Sacrament.
Brendon Ford, Editor
Ignatius Pew Missal
Fr. Samuel F. Weber, O.S.B., Director
Benedict XVI Institute for Sacred Music and Divine Worship
Eric Schoonover, Director of Sales
Ignatius Pew Missal