The Ignatius Pew Missal
The Ignatius Pew Missal is an annual subscription-based worship aid intended for Roman Catholic parishes. Its purpose is simple: to provide worshipers with a liturgical resource that is consistent with the directives of the Church and accessible to the average parishioner, especially in regards to music. This is done in two ways: by using simple plainsong melodies for the Entrance and Communion antiphons, so that a cantor, choir, and even a congregation can easily sing them, and by selecting hymns and songs which, combined, provide a repertoire of sacred songs that is fitting for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, yet accessible for the average parish.
New Features of 2016-2017 Edition
- Addition of several new hymns (see PDF of complete Hymn List)
- Addition of Latin Mass section (Novus Ordo)
- New binder format for Ordinaries & Hymns book.
Scroll down to flip through a sample book and listen to audio recordings of music from the Ignatius Pew Missal.
- Entrance (First Sunday of Advent)
- Responsorial Psalm (First Sunday of Advent)
- Alleluia (cantor) (First Sunday of Advent)
- Alleluia (SATB) (First Sunday of Advent)
- Communion (First Sunday of Advent)
- Kyrie- Missa Sancta Maria Magdalena
- Gloria- Sancta Maria Magdalena
- Credo- Sancta Maria Magdalena
- Glory of the angels