Why the Ignatius Pew Missal?
- Missalette that is consistent with the directives of the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy.
- Annual missalette–no need to switch it out four times a year!
- To encourage singing the parts proper to the Mass, the Ignatius Pew Missal contains Entrance and Communion antiphons for Sundays of the entire liturgical year set to simple Gregorian chant melodies. These melodies are written in easy-to-understand chant notation with modern notation versions available in accompaniment and cantor editions and online. These antiphons are simple enough for a cantor, choir, and even the entire congregation to sing!
- Large collection of devotional prayers.
- Over 200 classic hymns and songs, including a variety of seasonal hymns for Advent, Lent, Easter, Christmas, and solemnities; a selection that is theologically sound, yet practical for the average parish.
- Full Lectionary readings for Sundays and holy days.
- Antiphons and scripture references for weekday Masses.
- Five Mass settings– Mass of Saint Thomas More (Fr. Samuel F. Weber, O.S.B.), Missa de Angelis (chant), Missa Jubilate Deo (chant), and Missa Sancta Maria Magdalena (Healey Willan, arr. Fr. Scott Haynes, S.J.C.), and the ICEL chant Mass.
- Music for the sprinkling rite and other service music.
- A large collection of the proper antiphons for Ash Wednesday and Holy Week.
- Stations of the Cross by Saint Alphonsus Liguori.
- Setting of the Requiem Mass in English including the Entrance, Offertory, Communion, and Final Commendation.
- Section for exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction.
- Subscription of 50 missals or more comes with one accompaniment book and two cantor books.
- Accompaniment book contains hymns and Mass parts and may double as choir book (available in spiral and perfect bound).
- Cantor book contains entrance and communion antiphons, alleluias, and responsorial psalms.
- Online liturgical resources will include chant practice recordings, liturgy planning guides for the liturgical year, supplementary music not contained in the missal, and other music free of charge.
- New to 2016-2017: “Latin Mass Section”— a section that includes music for the the Ordinary Form of the Mass in Latin.
- New to 2016-2017: Addition of 15 hymns.
- New to 2016-2017: Various corrections from previous year.
Click here to order the Ignatius Pew Missal!
For PARISH ORDERS, contact Paul Senz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (971)678-9512, to ensure you get our bulk discount for parishes!