¡Canta la Misa!
Responding to the Second Vatican Council’s Constitution on Sacred Liturgy Sacrosanctum Concilium, the purpose of Canta la Misa is to promote full, active and conscious participation in the Holy Mass through Sacred music. This is done in several ways. First, by setting the Entrance and Communion antiphons and Responsorial Psalms to beautiful and simple chant tunes so that a choir, cantor, or congregation may be able to sing them. Second, by including hymns and songs that are fitting for the Holy Mass yet accessible to the average parish. Third, by including the Sunday readings so that the faithful may follow along with the spoken Word. The beautiful typesetting and cover design completes this book as a perfect addition for a parish striving to promote reverence in the Sacred Liturgy and active participation in its Sacred Mysteries.
• Missalette that is consistent with the directives of the Second Vatican Council's Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy.
• Annual missalette—no need to switch it out four times a year!
• To encourage singing the parts proper to the Mass, Canta la Misa contains Entrance and Communion antiphons for Sundays of the entire liturgical year set to simple chant melodies. These antiphons are simple enough for a cantor, choir, and even the entire congregation to sing!
• Over 200 classic hymns and songs, including a variety of seasonal hymns for Advent, Lent, Easter, Christmas, and solemnities; a selection that is theologically sound, yet practical for the average parish.
• Full Lectionary readings for Sundays and holy days.
• Mass settings in Spanish and in Latin, music for the sprinkling rite, and other service music.
• And much more!
Sample pages coming soon.